cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

save a copy and use model parameter information for new file name

WD_9815979
9-Granite

save a copy and use model parameter information for new file name

i have a big assembly that adds, removes and shapes parts based on the given parameters.

(input in excel, most part numbers and dimentions are determened in the excel. this information is put in a tekst file which creo parametric model reads) 

this makes it not possible for the file name to be the part number as it changes based on the input

this part number is now in a parameter called PART_NUMBER

to print all the drawings form ONLY the active parts and assemblys to pdf, i found i need to "remove not displayed" and then save the top assembly as a copy and have it copy the drawings with them. (to isolate only the active models drawings)

then i can use the probatch thingy to print those isolated drawings to pdf

for the new file names i need them to be the current value of the parameter PART_NUMBER

i added the column PART_NUMBER next to the column "new file name" so i could manualy type it in.... (not ideal)

i cant copy paste as it does not let me copy the number (guess its locked by relations)

i have tried some things with file name generation but i havent found annything to work there

does annyone know how to get the new file name to be the information that is in the parameter PART_NUMBER?

or a different solution to get the  drawings printed to pdf, form ONLY the active models (not suppresed by pro program) where i dont need to become a profecional programmer and make a custom code just to get the drawings....   i dont understand how to do this. no one sould be printing drawings one by one. why is there no easy way to do this (that i can find (trust me, i have looked))

help plz

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags