cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

showing baseline dimensions in combination states

AE_9609989
10-Marble

showing baseline dimensions in combination states

I've been working on developing an improved moldbase template for our tooling designers, and I've really gotten into writing custom annotations, symbols, and using MBD with combination states to drive the initial workflow for a tool design.  Basically, my approach is to isolate the control dimensions that affect only a few components at a time so that the template is clear and easy to use.

I've figured out that in order to show dimensions in an assembly, I need combination states in the model that I intend to reference. To make things easy, I'm going from the skeleton.

So far, I've been able to get regular dimensions to show and notes.  But my problem is with baseline dimensions, which I'm using for clarity in some reference sketches (Notably the control locations for the pillars). These driving ordinate dimensions don't show up when I try to show them in the assembly or the part level regardless of if I filter for ordinate or driving dimensions.  Is there a way that I can get creo to recognize these dimensions so that I can show them in the appropriate combined state?

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags