cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

simple rep master with(out) extra features

BJP
11-Garnet
11-Garnet

simple rep master with(out) extra features

Is it possible to manually create a simple rep that has features that are suppressed in the master rep?

In sheetmetal, Creo does this when you use the "Create Representation" function (see image).

It automatically creates a simple rep in which a flat pattern is active. In the master rep, this feature is suppressed.

It seems I cannot manually recreate this myself and I would very much like to be able to!

Clipboard01.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BJP)

Short answer, no.  By definition a master rep includes everything.  The flat pattern is a very special implementation of that that PTC did to help eliminate the need for a family table instance.  The ability to have something on in a simplified rep that is not on in the master rep. is not something available to the rest of us.  The only way to do what you're looking for is with family tables.

Pettersson
13-Aquamarine
(To:BJP)

Yeah, the only workaround I know of is adding a feature to remove your feature, then excluding that feature in the simp rep. It's not pretty, but you can often do it quite easily with quilts and solidify.

Top Tags