cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

sketcher accuracy

breiter
1-Newbie

sketcher accuracy

All,

I have a part which has a revolved cut feature that creates a"step"on the part. The"step" dimension is .007".Ihave no trouble creating this feature if i only have this model open, if however i have an assembly open the feature will not work.

Thepart i am having trouble with is in "english" units but the assembly i have open is metric units. I have changed the part accuracy to its lowest limit and also the sketcher accuracy with no luck.

Theweird thing is i canmake the.007" step work if i"Edit" the feature but if i try to go inside "Edit Definition" and make the change i get an error "Highlighted segment became zero-length". Obviously i am missing something with sketcher accuracy, but 99% of the time i am working with imperial units in an imperial assembly so this is never an issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Thanks to Carrie and Terry, i had to set enable_absolute_accuracyto 'yes'

Top Tags