cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

text driven by multiple parameters on a solid model

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

text driven by multiple parameters on a solid model

I would like to add a text on my gear (solid part) using data from my parameters.

Normally I would write: "Mod &m, &z teeth" refering to my parameters with the "&".

Sadly the text line does not accept this.

Any suggestions?

Clipboard02.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You could use a relation to generate a string parameter, converting the numbers to strings within it.

I think it would be something like:

label = "Mod " + itos(m) + ", " + itos(z) + " teeth"

and then choose the 'label' parameter for your text, as already shown.

This gets a little more tricky if m is not an integer - this has been covered elsewhere though.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
John.Pryal
12-Amethyst
(To:bp)

Hi, split the note up into 4 elements within the one feature. First bit, would be manually entered text "mod", constrain/dimension it, next bit would be use parameter, select your parameter "M", constrain/dimension it, relative to the "mod" text. Repeat the procedure, for number of teeth text. Hopefully, this makes sense to you.

Hopefully, i have understood your problem.

John

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:John.Pryal)

Thanks,

It makes sense, I was just hoping there would be an easier way..

for example, is there a way to make a new parameter which contains the combined text and use this?

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

How about you make the value of a single parameter read (string) "mod 3 118 teeth". Not quite ideal, but its a work around.

John

VladimirPalffy
13-Aquamarine

Here is the short tutorial for you How to create a parametric 3D text in PTC Creo Parametric

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

You could use a relation to generate a string parameter, converting the numbers to strings within it.

I think it would be something like:

label = "Mod " + itos(m) + ", " + itos(z) + " teeth"

and then choose the 'label' parameter for your text, as already shown.

This gets a little more tricky if m is not an integer - this has been covered elsewhere though.

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:JonathanHodgson)

Works like a charm, thanx!

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Note: You can also string together string parameters as well, like this:

PART_NUMBER = DRAWING_NUMBER + DASH_NO

NOMENCLATURE = DESCRIPTION1 + SPACE + SIZE

MATERIAL = ASMSPEC1 + SPACE + ASMSPEC2

So, I'm sure you can also string together any combination of integer and string parameters to get what you want.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags