cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Stop Changing to 13 Place Decimals!

akelly
11-Garnet

Stop Changing to 13 Place Decimals!

Using WF5 M170 Part mode.

[sarcasm] Where's the hidden WF5 config.pro option to make all dimensions 13 place decimal?

Most (not all?) of the time when I edit a dimension in the main window, Pro/E changes the number of decimal places from 3 to 13. If I change it to 3 place in the Dimension Properties, then edit the dimension in the main window, it goes back to 13.

I noticed that the upper and lower tolerance values are screwy (0.0049999998882). I haven't paid attention to these since I'm using nominal dimensions. I changed these to +/-.005, and the number of decimal places to 3. Still, when I change the dimension value in the main window it but still changes the number of decimal places to 13.

Part was originally modeled in WF4. Not sure if that is relevant.

Andrew Kelly, P.E.
Design Engineer
Honeywell Sensing and Control
2080 Arlingate Lane
Columbus, OH 43228
Office: 614-850-7818
Toll Free: 800-848-6564
Fax: 614-850-1111
andrew.kelly@honeywell.com<">mailto:andrew.kelly@honeywell.com>

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
akelly
11-Garnet
(To:akelly)

I found some other posts relating to WF5 rounding and two PTC knowledge base documents(CS119870 and CS15033) still haven't been able to nail this down.

I set these config.pro options:

round_displayed_dim_values no
round_prewf5_displayed_dim_val round none

default_dec_places 3

linear_tol_0_000 0.005

Started a new part and made a simple cube (5x5x5). If I edit one of the dimensions, it switches from 3-place decimal to 12-places. If I change it back to 3 places, everything is OK until I edit the dimension value ... BAM! back to 12 places.

Upper and lower tolerance in a new part are also screwy and don't match the linear_tol value(0.0049999998882)

Andrew Kelly, P.E.

Design Engineer

Honeywell Sensing and Control

2080 Arlingate Lane

Columbus, OH 43228

Office:

Toll Free:

Fax:

In Reply to Andrew Kelly:

Using WF5 M170 Part mode.

Most (not all?) of the time when I edit a dimension in the main window, Pro/E changes the number of decimal places from 3 to 13. If I change it to 3 place in the Dimension Properties, then edit the dimension in the main window, it goes back to 13.

I noticed that the upper and lower tolerance values are screwy (0.0049999998882). I haven't paid attention to these since I'm using nominal dimensions. I changed these to +/-.005, and the number of decimal places to 3. Still, when I change the dimension value in the main window it but still changes the number of decimal places to 13.

Part was originally modeled in WF4. Not sure if that is relevant.
Top Tags