cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

using simplified reps

DennisRehmer
8-Gravel

using simplified reps

To all,

I am trying to use simplified reps in assemblies, and will try to show here in the simplest form what I am trying. I though that this worked in WF4, but it seems to not work anymore in Creo 3.0.

So here is my situation.

1. I have a top level assembly, A, made up of two parts, B & C, and one sub-assembly D.
  2. I add into assembly A, parts B & C.
  3. Sub-assembly D has in it a simplified rep that I would like to show in assembly A.
  4. I add in sub-assembly D, and pick the representation I want to use.
  5. I save the assembly, and even might upload/check-in into WindChill.
  6. Next time I assembly A, it does not have the simplified rep for sub-assembly D shown. It shows the generic.

Is this how Creo works now? I liked the ability to use a simplified rep in an assembly before, but now find it seems to have gone backwards from what there was.

Dennis

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:DennisRehmer)

You have to use a simplified rep in A to show the simplified rep in D. This is how it always has worked. There always needs to be a master rep that has everything. You can active the default rep and change the rep in D to be what you want. The default rep is what opens by default.

Creo makes reps "on the fly". When you assemble sub-assembly D as a rep you will notice in the lower left portion of the screen there will be a + next to master rep. This is because it is creating a rep on the fly. If you don't save that rep though it reverts to the master rep which has everything.

Top Tags