cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

virtual memory - page file

StephenW
23-Emerald II

virtual memory - page file

Should users still be adjusting their virtual memory or should they be using the windows system "automatically adjust" virtual memory settings?

In the past, I always adjusted my virtual memory to 2X the RAM I had. I haven't done this with my latest computer and I have noticed occasionally the creo is "allocating" memory on my larger models.

2 REPLIES 2
rreifsnyder
13-Aquamarine
(To:StephenW)

I have tried to get a good answer on this for years. Back in the day on Unix we set our swap space to 2-3X the RAM. I continued this for quite some time on Windows but I have tried to ask PTC reps, HP reps, Dell reps and Microsoft reps about this and no one seems to know for certain. 

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

Maybe I am mistaken but I am assuming the "mem_use INCREASE Blocks" lines in my trail file are referring to my pagefile size. I can't justify this assumption.  I found this PTC link https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs136279 which refers to "low level memory" but I don't have a clue what memory that refers to

!mem_use INCREASE Blocks 117788242, AppSize 4022841018, SysSize 865670968

Top Tags