cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

what happened to skeleton part types in Wildfire??

mvollmers
4-Participant

what happened to skeleton part types in Wildfire??

I am going through a rather large restructure of my upper level (for a variety of reasons which really aren't germane) and need to recreate my skeletons. I plan on using a layout and master skeleton with multiple sub-skeletons for each area, tying motion and location to parameters in the layout which will be passed down to the skeletons. Anyway, I went to create my first one and there is no longer an option to create a skeleton part. I can make a normal part and populate it with curves, but I thought that there used to be an option for a skeleton type (XXXX_skel0001.prt). This part would default to assembling as the first feature if put into an assembly. I pulled and copied one from an old assembly and am modifying it, but I just wondered what happened to this functionality and if it was replaced with something else. Thanks!
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Mark You will need the advanced assembly license to create skeletons, AAX. After they are created they can be edited with the foundation license. Of course there are new names to these licenses from PTC. Regards Eric
mvollmers
4-Participant
(To:eric.mills)

Thanks, Eric. Open question, then. Anyone happen to know then what the new option name is for the advanced assembly? I can't believe that we don't have it. This is what my info says we've got installed (see attached jpg). Wildfire 3.0, by the way. we're moving to 4.0 in march. Thanks!

Mech dynamics has AAX built in. Try one thing, create a new assembly and then select the create component in assembly mode icon (its below the assemble component) and see if you get skeleton as an option. Maybe that is why you don't see the skeleton option. Remember with each release of Wildfire they like to move things around and force you to look at the menu mapper just to find out where this function got moved to.
mvollmers
4-Participant
(To:eric.mills)

Eric, that's where it is hidden. Component create > skeleton model (standard or motion). I never make parts that way, so I never would have found it. Thanks!!
Top Tags