cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Assembly parts changing color when converting to STP files?

RV_5434567
7-Bedrock

Assembly parts changing color when converting to STP files?

In Creo Parametric 4.0, I have an assembly with different parts assigned different colors. When I convert to a STP file, exported as AP214 which is supposed to retain colors, the shade of the colors changes. For example I go from a beige color to a blinding white. Any ideas how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

radius_modification.png

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

maybe (I am not sure) Flexible Modeling functionality in Creo Parametric 4.0 enables user to change bend radius.

Martin Hanák

radius_modification.png

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin, 

This is what I need. 

Unfortunately, I'm stuck on Creo 3.0 M030 for now, and 'EDIT BEND' appears to be a new feature in Creo 4.0. 

Guess I'll have to bug my boss for an update. 

If it was a solid part, then Direct Modeling / Flexible Modeling Extension could be used, but I don't know if that applies to sheet metal parts. The ability to change the thickness easily is obvious - sheet metal consists of a single surface definition and an offset value. The software that reads the STEP file generates the offset surfaces. Changing the radius means deciding how the remaining geometry is supposed to react and requires changing either the locations of surfaces or of bounding geometry.

The only suggestions I see for your specific case are within Solidworks, where everyone seems to delete the radius, trim the remaining surfaces to their intersections and then add new rounds that they can control.

https://www.ptc.com/en/cad-software-blog/working-with-imported-cad-data-using-the-ptc-creo-flexible-modeling-extension

Feature recognition?  Isn't that included in core-Creo?

Also have not tried but the convert to sheetmetal does some rudimentary feature recognition.

Top Tags