cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Can I replace animated parts but keep sequence animation so it works for part in creo illustrate?

IB_10645210
12-Amethyst

Can I replace animated parts but keep sequence animation so it works for part in creo illustrate?

Hi,

I want to replace the part in a tree structure but I want the sequence animation to be preserved.

All applied animations seem to be gone if you replace the part with the same name in a tree.

Please let me know how to keep animations so I don't need to reanimate them.

2 REPLIES 2

I assume from what you have said that you are manually replacing parts in the structure, rather than the update coming from the source data?

Currently any animations are lost when updating parts like this, but if you feel this is a valid usecase I would suggest logging an idea.

Ideally give as much detail as you can on why you are manually replacing parts and how you would like the animations to behave in this scenario.

In our case, we have a family of products with little change( relocated connector) and it will make sense to replace this part in a tree for the list of sequences so I won't spend unnecessary working hours.

Also, for example,  I need to edit some parts in Parametric and then bring them back to Illustrate. This also requires me to reanimate the whole thing again. I have 20 sequences(20-30 steps each) in one file, which is painfu😢l. 

Thank you!

Announcements

Top Tags