cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Creo Illustrate, Standard, Modify and replace (CI 9.1.0.0)

Ramon_Bohne
12-Amethyst

Creo Illustrate, Standard, Modify and replace (CI 9.1.0.0)

Hello all,

I don't know if I understood correctly the handling and organization of the "standards". That's why I tested a little bit. If possible, please comment on what I have done and asked:

1. I have created with my own individual standard "Ramon-Standard-01", in which I copied the "Creo Standard" and then extended and adapted it.

2. when creating new CI, I have selected my standard "Ramon-Standard-01" before linking the pvz file.

3. all further changes and additions in "Ramon-Standard-01" I have made with the administration tool.

4. when reopening a CI whose standard is "Ramon-Standard-01", the Ci takes over all changes made to the "Ramon-Standard-01" (and reported it in a small window).

--> Important: The time stamp of the changed "Ramon-Standard-01" has to be younger than the time stamp of the "Ramon-Standard-01" from the CI!

5. alternatively a batch run can be executed for the update of a CI. But the batch run is really only necessary if you want to update several files at once (correct?)

6. it looks like it is not possible to change the standard in general for an already existing CI.

E.g. I tried to copy the "Ramon-Standard-01" to a "Ramon-Standard-02". This new "Ramon-Standard-02" I have further changed and adapted. Now I want to replace the "Ramon-Standard-01" of an already existing CI with the new "Ramon-Standard-02" using the batch run.

And this does not seem to work!? I get the error message that the "ID's do not match".

But that would mean that there is no way to provide old CI files with a generally new standard!!

Can anyone confirm this for me? Or is it possible after all?

7. is there a document that describes exactly the process with the "standard"?

8. Any good/helpful suggestions how to deal with the "standards"?

Thanks and best regards

Ramon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Adrian,

a short answer for a big problem 🙂 This is exactly what I was looking for and has been bothering me for quite some time. Thanks a lot.

Thanks also for the links. I believe I would have looked there as well, but for whatever reason, didn't really find what I was looking for. But now everything is clear. 👍

Best regards
Ramon 😀

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Ramon,

The documentation gives an overview of how to update:

To Update a Standard (ptc.com)

and how to Replace a standard:

To Replace a Standard (ptc.com)

To give you a brief overview ...

All standards have a unique id that is used when updating a standard, ie, if you want to simply evolve a standard to have more library items (pens, symbols etc) or even if a few settings have changed. then you should update the existing standard using the admin tool and then the individual users can update their standards in their standards list which will then prompt them to update the standard every time they open a c3di file that uses that standard. 

But if you want to replace the standard in an existing c3di with a different standard, you will need to use the 'Replace Standard' option found in the options dialog.

Replace standard.png

This can only be done 'manually' for each c3di file and is not available in the batch tool. 

Hope this helps.

Regards

Adrian

Hello Adrian,

a short answer for a big problem 🙂 This is exactly what I was looking for and has been bothering me for quite some time. Thanks a lot.

Thanks also for the links. I believe I would have looked there as well, but for whatever reason, didn't really find what I was looking for. But now everything is clear. 👍

Best regards
Ramon 😀

Top Tags