cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to work a team?

ywchoi
5-Regular Member

How to work a team?

We are the same team and do the same project at that same time. Our product consist of over 200 ea WID. One guy who is leader create BID. and then the other 3 guys create WID.

My questions are ;
1. How to check BID-WID with separate BID & WID?
2. How to work when team do the same project?

2 REPLIES 2
Gaby_K
7-Bedrock
(To:ywchoi)

Hi, 

• All users need to work while linked to the  same central catalog and all designs should be based on the same template (should be linked to the central catalog as well) it is advised that template will be locked with password (to eliminate any unintentional  changes in any of the designs) . 
  • The leader should export the BID design and the others 3 guys which work on WID should import it . so any of them will generate the WID base on the BID.  at this point any of the guys which work on the WID can check his portion of WID against the BID.
  • If any change is required to the BID sheets - it should be done by the leader - and sheets should be exported and imported again
  • if any change is required to design properties (i.e. additional parameter) - this should be done by the leader on the template design and changes should be propagate to all designs by exporting design properties. 
  • The WID guys should export their completed sheets and the leader should import all to his single design ; it should generate complete BID/WID design. 
  • This is iterative process -  export/import can be done multiple times according to progress  

you can find more info in following help topics : 

About Central Catalogs

About Files for Design Properties and Design Sheets

About Verifying Interconnect Diagrams

Regards , 

Gaby 

ywchoi
5-Regular Member
(To:Gaby_K)

Hello, Gaby

Thank you so much for your response. I think I will love export and import^^

However, I happen another questions.
I need to manage the version of each wid. After finish bid-wid together, If the design change is occurred for one of wid, I want to change the only one wid sheet.

How can I control the version after finish bid-wid together?

Top Tags