cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Shortcuts for orientations in CreoView

SR_10832839
4-Participant

Shortcuts for orientations in CreoView

Hello All.
I recently started working on CreoView and after having moved from Solidworks, I am unable to use shortcuts for viewing objects quickly such as (ctrl+1,2,3...) for viewing the model in different orientations. Can  anyone please tell me how to use these shortcuts to improve the productivity

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can customize the existing orientations:

Customize orientations.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Here is a link to the keyboard shortcuts documentation:

Keyboard Shortcuts for MCAD

This should help.

SR_10832839
4-Participant
(To:agarland)

Thank you very much for the reply @agarland 
But I am not able to access the link that you have pasted. Can you send it again. 

Apologies, pasted the wrong link!

This one should work:
Keyboard Shortcuts for MCAD (ptc.com)

SR_10832839
4-Participant

Thank you very much @agarland . I have more doubt. These standard orientations are actually not exactly the same when compared to the views as obtained from the drawings, as my team have used different planes . So for Example, I would define/customize a new view and type in the co-ordinates such that it becomes the exact front view when compared to the real physical part. Now for this new view, how can I add the new shortcuts such as K,B,N.  as shown in the image . I am unable to do this and this is mostly what I require. Thank you in advance. I have been searching this for a long time now. 

SR_10832839_0-1703158451486.png

You can customize the existing orientations:

Customize orientations.png

SR_10832839
4-Participant

Thank you very much for the reply and your efforts @agarland . So what I can do is that I will put in the correct co-ordinates to Top, Bottom, Front, etc so that instead of creating a new orientation, I will plug the values to these and use the shortcuts to view them quickly. Ok got it. Thanks a lot

Announcements

Top Tags