cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Shortcuts for orientations in CreoView

SR_10832839
3-Visitor

Shortcuts for orientations in CreoView

Hello All.
I recently started working on CreoView and after having moved from Solidworks, I am unable to use shortcuts for viewing objects quickly such as (ctrl+1,2,3...) for viewing the model in different orientations. Can  anyone please tell me how to use these shortcuts to improve the productivity

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can customize the existing orientations:

Customize orientations.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Here is a link to the keyboard shortcuts documentation:

Keyboard Shortcuts for MCAD

This should help.

Thank you very much for the reply @agarland 
But I am not able to access the link that you have pasted. Can you send it again. 

Apologies, pasted the wrong link!

This one should work:
Keyboard Shortcuts for MCAD (ptc.com)

Thank you very much @agarland . I have more doubt. These standard orientations are actually not exactly the same when compared to the views as obtained from the drawings, as my team have used different planes . So for Example, I would define/customize a new view and type in the co-ordinates such that it becomes the exact front view when compared to the real physical part. Now for this new view, how can I add the new shortcuts such as K,B,N.  as shown in the image . I am unable to do this and this is mostly what I require. Thank you in advance. I have been searching this for a long time now. 

SR_10832839_0-1703158451486.png

You can customize the existing orientations:

Customize orientations.png

Thank you very much for the reply and your efforts @agarland . So what I can do is that I will put in the correct co-ordinates to Top, Bottom, Front, etc so that instead of creating a new orientation, I will plug the values to these and use the shortcuts to view them quickly. Ok got it. Thanks a lot

Top Tags