cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

creo illustrate 2 publishing recipe

moosterman
5-Regular Member

creo illustrate 2 publishing recipe

Hi all,

I have a question about publishing recipes.

When i publish a figure to a new creo view file there is to much information in the file (creo parameters).

Where do i find the publishing recipe that controls which information should be shown.

Anotyher thing i dont understand is when i open the published pvz file in creo view lite, the item list that is created in illustrate wont be shown.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Michael,

Creo Illustrate 2.0 introduced the ability to select a recipe file to configure the published PVZ file. To define which recipe file(s) you wish to use for pubishing, click on File > Options > Global > Publishing > 3D. Once these are set up be sure to check File > Publish > Settings before you publish your illustration.

The item list details are maintained with the published PVZ, but you will need the Creo View toolkit to extract and display this. The delivery model for a 3D illustration is intended to be Creo View embedded in a web page (not standalone). This allows for a much richer interaction with the parts list.

The Creo View toolkit enables a parts list table to be populated on the fly - meaning that the parts list is always up to date with the content of the illustrations. Having a web table means that it can also interact with backend systems like part ordering, fulfilment, etc.

Hope this helps.

Tim, I'm trying to find a reference to identify what to write into the recipe file that is used by Illustrate to 'protect the IP'. If you can point towards that i think you'd be closer to helping us both out.

Top Tags