cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Assembling different materials in Creo Simulate 3.0

DenisJaunin
15-Moonstone

Assembling different materials in Creo Simulate 3.0

FROTTEMENT_INFINI.jpgINFINI.jpg

Hello,
I have a cantilever composed of a rectangular tube made of Alu into which is inserted a Steel U to strengthen it.
There are no games between the two parts.
The 5 faces in contact are defined manually with infinite friction.

But in the final result the two parts do not remain in contact, there is displacement through the matter.

What more should be proposed for contact?
Cordially.
Denis

11 REPLIES 11

Hi Denis,

Do you have the press fit control turned on in your analysis?

Silulate sometimes does not like line to line components and sometimes ignores the contacts.

Another option is to cut back the outer surface of the internal part so there's a very small air gap between the 2 parts so the contacts are invoked.

Hope this helps,

Don Anderson

Thanks,
Don Anderson
No time Like the Present!

Hello Danderson-3,
The part between iron, between the two parts is zero,

I do not understand this control:
Do you have control of the pressure adjustment activated in your analysis?

Contact surfaces are defined manually (not automatically)
Cordially.
Denis

Hi Denis,

Verify that you have press fit enabled within your analysis to ensure the contacts are are processed for the line to line surfaces.

Don

Denis,

You may also want to verify that you are displaying the results 1 to 1.

If you scale up the deformation for the display of the results the system may be exaggerating or displaying interface/result.

Don

Hello Dandorson,
Thank you for this information, I'll take it back in a moment.
I would keep you informed of the results.
Yes, if we increase the scale of the results there are exaggerated deformations.
Cordially.
Denis

Hello Danderson,
I had filled the page for the contactes.
See the attached page.
Cordially.
Denis

Hi Denis,

I would set the value for the press fit control to 0.5 or something just over zero.

This will make sure all of the outer surfaces of the internal part are pulled inside the outer component and allow the contacts to be fully processed.

Thanks,

Don

Hello Danderson,
I just redo the simulation with the 0.5 mm and it has not changed anything, it's exactly the same picture.
Cordially.
Denis

Hi Denis,

Verify the displacement result's are being displayed at 1:1 ratio?

Would your load being applied be high enough to shear/displace the alumuinum where the load being applied?

Don

Hello,
Thank you for this very complete example.

This is pretty much what I had done, but blocking the two pieces on one side and loading the two pieces on the other.

Now why the springs, two in the front and one in the back, I had never done that.
Why this BLANK material in assembly?

Sorry to ask you these questions but this way of doing things is new to me and very interesting.
Cordially.
Denis.

Hi Denis,

The springs have a down side as they may add a singularity and they do add additional calculations to the analysis.

They were added to stabilize the component with no bonded constraints or displacement constraints who's location was controlled by contacts. The blank material was just a place holder that I forgot to remove from the assembly.

Don

Top Tags