cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Automatically creating measures for each spring to ground

ilyachaban
12-Amethyst

Automatically creating measures for each spring to ground

Hello, I've been working with it for a long time and now I'm annoyed by creating measures for each ground spring. This is our technique of creating boundary conditions using spring to ground and we need to create a set of measures for each one of them( X Y Z reactions and amplitude of force ). Is there any possibility to automatically create any set of measures for springs? 
I know that all contact interfaces does this but not springs.

Thanks in advance. 

9 REPLIES 9

my suggestion is attached

ilyachaban
12-Amethyst
(To:skunks)

Ok, just tell me if i understood correctly. 
There is separate model which consists of point, spring and measures. You placed it somewhere on model (in your case coinsident with vertex). And it created a mesh with this point in mind and this point is now connected to the created mesh. Is is so? I've never used this technique.
If so that wouldn't work in all cases i'm planning to use it, but very effective method of for this purpose.  
But is there any way to do it using scripts? For example create a new button which will do this for you using toolkit of stuff like that?

yes

2023-08-14_spring.png

There is a possibility to standardize such elements.

I have never used scripts, sorry.

ilyachaban
12-Amethyst

Can I please ask about standartization. Is it function that's called standartization or where can I find further information for it so I can study more. Thank you!

I meant: Creo Simulate supports hierarchical FE models,
so FE features can be collected as parts in a library, e.g. springs to base with different directional components and corresponding measurement quantities, ball bearings, roller bearings, as parts and also as assemblies, etc.
Similar to standard parts in Creo Parametric.

ilyachaban
12-Amethyst

Understood. 
I'll wait a bit if someone will answer with scripting options.

Thank you for your reply I'll use it in some cases.

Chris3
21-Topaz I
(To:ilyachaban)

Mapkeys are valid in Creo Simulate. So you could record adding measures with a mapkey or series of mapkeys.

Maybe someone can give a mapkey example?

Mapkey is the worst way doing so. It is unstable, it needs manual inputs, errors and warnings destroys mapkeys and stuff like that. I've been working with mapkeys for a long time and didn't find the way how to create it reliable. 

Top Tags