cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

CMA Installation issue

philipsfan06
3-Visitor

CMA Installation issue

Hello all!

I am glad to be a part of the PTC community as I am still new, and this is my first topic, so thank you in advance! I have been using Creo 6 for the last years and recently we updated to Creo 8. However I had to review my installation because I need the CMA module (Creo Mold Analysis) for an assignment. I installed IntelMPI and according to the PTC manual used the cmd panel to install the CMA component hydra_service.exe hydra.JPG

However for some reason unknown to me I still cannot see the module through the "Applications" panel. According to the Creo Parametric 8.0.5.0 instructions this is all that should be done, but I am probably still missing a step? Or the model should have a feature so this option is shown? Shouldn't be a problem with the license too. Tried reinstalling the whole package, but the problem still persists.

P.S. Didn't find a relevant topic, so I created this one, hope that this is the right place.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

did you buy Creo Mold Analysis package ? Please check the contents of your license file.

Full license

Module name ... Mold_Analysis

Module code ... 339

Lite license

Module name ... MOLD_ANALYSIS_Lite

Module code ... 347

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

did you buy Creo Mold Analysis package ? Please check the contents of your license file.

Full license

Module name ... Mold_Analysis

Module code ... 339

Lite license

Module name ... MOLD_ANALYSIS_Lite

Module code ... 347

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin, 

Thank you for the detailed feedback, I cannot find the module codes in the license file, probably I have a problem with the license, so will contact support. At least now I know that I didn't make a stupid mistake during installation and setup. 

Best regards,

In the end it turned out a lot simpler than I thought. When I was checking if CMA works I was opening a part that was sheet metal, soo I feel a little bit dumb now, at least I know where to find all license files and learned a little bit of cmd syntax. Thanks again!

Top Tags