cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

CREO CFD Analysis Boundary Conditions For an Assembly

GWW.2
5-Regular Member

CREO CFD Analysis Boundary Conditions For an Assembly

Hello,

I have an assembly part that I am trying to do a flow analysis for. When I hit Create the Fluid Domain, it took over a day to create. After I selected my inlet and outlet surfaces for my boundary conditions. I then added it to my simulation. When I added it to the simulation, BC_1 and BC_2 were not created. This has happened to me before, but I don't understand why.

Does any have an idea for why this happens?

Does anyone know how to fix this error?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does anyone know how to find different groups to post to? I have been having trouble with that too.

Thanks,

Greg Williams

5 REPLIES 5
tmoser
10-Marble
(To:GWW.2)

You can add a boundary condition after the fluid domain is created. In your analysis tree, right click on the domain and select "add boundary condition". It should open a separate window with the domain and you can then select the surface(s) to use for the boundary conditions. I'm not sure off hand if you can do the inlet and outlet at the same time. If not, you'll have to do it twice.

GWW.2
5-Regular Member
(To:tmoser)

When I do that, it doesn't allow to use those BCs in my analysis. I produces
another error.

tmoser
10-Marble

My only other thought is that maybe it's related to your geometry. If it took that long to create the domain maybe you need to simplify the model. Are you comfortable posting a picture of it?

GWW.2
5-Regular Member
(To:tmoser)

@tmoser sorry I am not allowed to post the model, but it is very complex.

cfdgeek
12-Amethyst

Hi

During fluid domain extraction,  we need to perform boolean merge to create an enclosed area. If your assembly is very complex, this may take some time. Also did you add the body to the simulation as simulation domains? BC can only created from body faces which added to the simulation. Please contact your support people to figure it out. Thanks.

Top Tags