cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Convert MTR files to MTZ file

mwodarz_INNEO
14-Alexandrite

Convert MTR files to MTZ file

Is there a way to convert a MTR (Mold Analysis Material file)  into a MTZ file? A custom material can only be imported as MTZ file.

Thanks in advance for your help!

CheerEO

Marco 

(Presales) Senior Technical Consultant @ INNEO Solutions GmbH (Germany)
2 REPLIES 2

This kind of request comes up periodically, but there never seems to be a solution. Seems that the MTR file (Autocad?) is its own specialized maybe proprietary format, and the MTZ file (Creo) is its own custom format, too. And searching for information about either never provides any information about what is in them or what the file format must be.

If both files are text files, not binary, and I had to do this, I'd probably get a sample of either format, then suffer through developing a means of editing one to make it comply with the other. A good editor, that allows one to define macros or other repetitive reformatting tasks, could be very helpful.

mwodarz_INNEO
14-Alexandrite
(To:KenFarley)

I've searched in this forum, but didn't find any information about the MTR and MTZ files. The MTR file is used by Moldex3D (CoreTech System Co., Ltd. in Taiwan). Since Creo 4, we can only export and import MTZ files. Bot files are not in a simle ASCII format. Attached, you'll find sample files.

A simple question: "how can the MTR file be converted to MTZ, so Creo Mold Analysis can read this?"

Thanks for support!

CheerEO

Marco

(Presales) Senior Technical Consultant @ INNEO Solutions GmbH (Germany)
Top Tags