cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Creo Ansys Simulation (vs Creo Live Simulation) Scope Option

JR_10680659
6-Contributor

Creo Ansys Simulation (vs Creo Live Simulation) Scope Option

I am running Creo 10. I have both Creo Live Simulation (powered by Ansys) and Creo Ansys Simulation. I noticed that under setup in Creo Live simulation, I am able to select "Scope". However, when I look for this option in Creo Ansys Simulation, I don't see it.

It'd be convenient to be able to exclude unnecessary components, but still be able to run a more robust Ansys simulation. Is this option available somewhere that I'm not noticing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Creo Live and Creo ANSYS are two different codes, although written to solve similar sets of problems, they solve them using different approaches. Yes, both are written by ANSYS, but we should not expect to see the same options in both because of the way in which they work. I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I think I've noticed that maybe hidden components are automatically treated as out of scope...? I haven't found anything in the online manuals to back this up, but does anyone know if this is how it works?

Maybe "Hidden" parts will be excluded for the study, but a Sim-Rep is a more disciplined approach since you can name them and make that name associated with specific studies you may wish to create.

Creo Live and Creo ANSYS are two different codes, although written to solve similar sets of problems, they solve them using different approaches. Yes, both are written by ANSYS, but we should not expect to see the same options in both because of the way in which they work. I hope this helps.

Ah okay, so just to clarify, the "Scope" option is not available in Creo Ansys, correct? So I need to create an entirely separate assemblies omitting the parts I don't want simulated, right?

I mean, technically, I suppose I could suppress some components temporarily for the run, but the run will become out-of-date once I un-suppress those. And the next time I want to run the simulation, I will need to keep track of which ones I originally suppressed to get the results in the first place. So creating a separate assembly seems like a more reliable approach.

You should be able to use "Simplified Reps" to arrange the components you want to include in your study. This way it's easy to select the Sim-Rep you want to use and enter the tool with that configuration. Only caveat is I haven't tried this for Creo Live or Creo ANSYS, but I use it very often for Creo Simulate.

Top Tags