cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Creo Mechanism, dynamic model

MB_8452230
3-Visitor

Creo Mechanism, dynamic model

Hello!

I wish to create dynamic model for automated forklift. It will be just simple model. 

But my question is, I am able to create triangle of stability which is base on position of center of gravity. I can do it even with relation so my triangle will change based on weight and position of load.

But will it be simulated in creo mechanism  ? I mean is it possible to create it such way that it will change shaped base on acceleration and slowing down or even when taking a turn.

Thanks for answer!

Martin. B

2 REPLIES 2

Martin,

It is possible to have MDO calculate the XYZ location in space of your mechanism's center of gravity. It would also be possible for you to create servo motors, to adjust your support locations, that are driven by the changing values of your assembly's center of mass. This is more involved, but it can be done. You would need to learn how to use Behavioral Modeling Extension (BMX) and apply advanced concepts to accomplish your goal. In fact, you can make a PID controller in MDO!

Cheers

I would need to try this procedure, but I imagine two ways:

Option 1 - I do not like so much this idea because it is not a very "parametric" procedure.

Create a few Measures:

MASS = type System, Property Total Mass, and COG_X= type System, Property Center of Gravity. Repeat for Y and Z axis (if you need all 3 in case of inclinations). Create another Measures to gather a few distances using type Position.

Create a Third measure type User Defined, quantity dimensionless and create the equation that defines your stability coefficient.

Option 2 - Monitor the reaction forces for the wheels. If you said "triangle", you have three wheels. Knowing the reaction forces on each wheel you can calculate the position of an equivalente force inside this triangle. If any reaction becomes negative, your stability coefficient is < 1.

I would create an User Defined Measure to output this dimensionless stability coefficient.

Let me know if this works. I'll be doing this on my project soon.

Top Tags