cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Export of measures in Creo Analysis

N.Barnes
11-Garnet

Export of measures in Creo Analysis

Using Creo 4 M130.

I ran an optimization study in Creo Simulate.  I have several measures that I would like to export to use externally.  Currently, the only method I can find to get the data is to make a graph then "Save a backup" of the graph to Excel.

Is there a more efficient way to do this?   I would also be satisfied if any one can tell me if there is a trick to get more than one set of data on one graph.  The UI looks like it should be possible, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks, Nick

(We should be going to Creo 7 this year, so even a example in a newer version would be helpful)

3 REPLIES 3
SNC
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:N.Barnes)

If you have a lot of measures you can always write yourself a script that opens up the report file and copies your specified data into whichever File you like. But I guess this makes only sense for a big amount of data. I don't know about any better way.

N.Barnes
11-Garnet
(To:SNC)

That could work.  Can you please point me in the direction of where to find that report file?  Perhaps a likely directory or file extension.   I poked around in the output files for raw data before and I was unsuccessful. Thanks.

SNC
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:N.Barnes)

In your working directory you will find a folder for each different analysis you specified. In this folder are many files. One of them is a file with the ".rpt" extension. Open with Note Pad and you will find your measurement values somewhere near the bottom. 

Top Tags