cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Exporting assembly file to iges

dm-3
1-Newbie

Exporting assembly file to iges

Hi,

I face a problem in converting Pro/E assembly to iges model. I have a assembly in wildfire 4.0 comprised of around 200 to 250 parts.

When i try to convert this assembly file to iges my machine hangs or crashes with a warning that am running out of memory space. I am using a machine with very good spec (12GB RAM and nvidia graphic card).

Suggest me a best practise. And I want my model in iges and not in other neutral formats.

--

Dhinesh

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

I have had the same problem trying to export a large assy into a step file. I exported "chunks" (or sub-assys) into Pro/E shrinkwrap parts first (File, Save A Copy, type = Shrinkwrap as in image attached). Then I assembled those parts -they are only a few- and then exported to step. You might get lucky exporting the top assy in one shot into the shrinkwrap part and then exoptring it to iges. If that worked, you can create a mapkey to execute that to speed up the process.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:dm-3)

Dhinesh,

just to be sure. Do you use 64-bit version of ProE on 64-bit version of Windows ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Yes Martin.. we use a 64 bit version on a 64 bit machine.

--

Dhinesh

Top Tags