cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Fragmentation at the edges of a CFD analysis

The_Spy
4-Participant

Fragmentation at the edges of a CFD analysis

Greetings,

In my current endeavor, I am focused on designing and optimizing a pipe connector that transitions from a diameter of 100mm to 125mm. This project involves utilizing Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)/BMX studies to refine the design parameters. As I am relatively new to the field of fluid simulations, this project serves as both a challenging and enriching learning experience.

For this project, I am employing Creo Parametric 11. My initial design incorporates an inner core that assists in the diameter transition, aiming to maintain efficient fluid flow. The preliminary design intent is illustrated in the first image attached.

Front viewFront view

Back viewBack view

Side viewSide viewSide view with extension tube for CFD analysisSide view with extension tube for CFD analysis

I have extended the tube on both ends to enhance the accuracy of the CFD analysis. Could one please confirm if this approach is correct?

Upon advancing to the fluid analysis phase and establishing a fluid domain, I encountered an unexpected issue—noticeable fragmentation along the edges of the geometry. Does this significantly affect the simulation's accuracy?

Fragmentation at the edgesFragmentation at the edgesI am currently investigating potential causes for this fragmentation, which may stem from the mesh generation settings (max Size 0.01). Insights or advice on how to address this issue effectively would be immensely valuable.

Best regards,

Spy 🙂

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags