cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Help simulating a rotating snap

JakeLuhahi
3-Visitor

Help simulating a rotating snap

I'm hoping someone can help me with this...I'm fairly new to Creo simulate...

I am trying to simulate a rotating clip. (See attached picture.)  I have a component that is fixed and I've created my contact interface between the the fixed component and rotating component.  The rotating component is fixed in all translation planes and fixed in the Y and Z  axis, only allowed to rotate about the X.  I have put a value of -4 degrees to rotate the component past the snap.  I'm getting an error and I can't seem to see what I'm missing.  Hopefully someone has an answer..thank you in advance...

2 REPLIES 2

Solid element faces can only have translations.

You instead need to create a sort of hinge at the hinge point and connect that to the solid part.

This could be done with a rigid link or a weighted link depending on whether you want the rotating part to be able to flex.  Once the hinge is created either the hinge can be enforced to rotate or a translation enforced at the "tip" to cause the rotation.  (which might be how the part is actually pushed)

Here are some articles by Skunks that may help.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Simulation/did-you-know-hinge-in-creo-simulate/m-p/549948/highlight/true#M6664

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Simulation/did-you-know-shaft-in-housing-modal-analysis/m-p/549953/highlight/true#M6665

Sweetpeahub,

Thanks for the reply. I looked at your examples and can't seems to make my sample work the same way.  I've attached an assembly, if anyone can create the constraints and send it back to me, i would appreciate. I just need the rotating member to snap on to the fixed member.  Seems like an easy thing to do, I just do not know enough to do it...

Thank you for the help...

Top Tags