cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to get Customized results in Creo Simulate?

Kishore_K
14-Alexandrite

How to get Customized results in Creo Simulate?

As we know in Creo Simulate we get standard results like Stress, Displacement, Strain etc., but my intention is to Get customized results such as Stress indices (ratio of Stress to applied load). Is it possible to obtain results of my interest?

2 REPLIES 2

There are some options but if you want a fringe plot of a custom result/measure I am not aware of this capability in Creo Simulate.  First of all the idea or concept of Stress indices would only be valuable for the case of linear analysis because otherwise you could not assume that the result would apply to any other load.  With this in mind if you apply a unit load, you will have the result of Stress indices when you plot the stress.  I often do this for clips and then do a hand calculation to determine the load to yield, then re-run at that load to confirm.  Another option is a custom measure based off a stress measure, but this would refer to a specific location or the maximum stress in the part or selcted geometry.  It would not show a fringe plot for the entire model.  Also I think you would likely have to manually put the load applied into the custom measure formula.  There are probably ways to tie the load to a parameter so it automatically updates the measure and the load to the same load value but that seems overkill to me.

my example / customized results

Top Tags