cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Is there anyway I can prevent an assembly component to not pass through a surface that bounds its motion?

plee
1-Newbie

Is there anyway I can prevent an assembly component to not pass through a surface that bounds its motion?

Is there a set up that makes a component to be bounded by a surface?.

I have an assembly that has a ball inside of a cylindrical surface. I would like to have a mechanism that the ball rides the surface, instead of passing through (penetrating) it.

Cam mechanism won't work because the ball is not suppose to be rolling but just slipping.

This is how I would have resolve the problem if I would have used SolidWorks:

Starting-

In the motion manager you need to create a contact constraint and pick all the bodies that you want to be included for collision analysis in your model. If you drop a ball from a height to a surface it will pass through unless both parts are included in the contact constraint.

The icon is located on the motion study tab between the spring and gravity icons and looks like a cam and a follower. Select all the parts you want contact to be detected for.

-Ending

Please let me know.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags