cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Material properties/setup in assembly in Creo Simulate 3.0

msadauskas
6-Contributor

Material properties/setup in assembly in Creo Simulate 3.0

Hi All ,

I have a question regarding material properties in creo 3 simulate.

I have a sub assembly of bar and slide. Bar is  fixed on both ends and slider is fixed on right side and force is applied on the left side acting horizontally to the right. Small clearance and contact setup between parts. I run 2 non linear analysis and want to see if changing bar material (say from EN8 to EN24) would reduce the deflection in bar.

The problem is that it  does not make any difference when i change material in my analysis for this assembly.

However if i run this only on bar itself it does affect the results, and show less deflection on bar.  I have edited material properties as per attached screenshots, is there something i am doing wrong?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:msadauskas)

The modulus didn't change between the two material properties. Higher modulus (stiffness) will decrease deflection.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris3
20-Turquoise

The modulus didn't change between the two material properties. Higher modulus (stiffness) will decrease deflection.

msadauskas
6-Contributor
(To:Chris3)

@Chris3 thanks for reply. 

why then it did worked on the part level? 

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Are you sure your constraints / loads and material file was the same? I would re-review.

msadauskas
6-Contributor
(To:Chris3)

had both in the same work space initially, not sure what went wrong there but separating in different work spaces  resolved it.

Thanks  @Chris3

Top Tags