cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Mechanism distance measurement

SandeepKadam07
12-Amethyst

Mechanism distance measurement

Hi all,

I have a query regarding mechanism.

Is there any way to calculate minimum distance in moving parts?

Regards,

Sandeep K

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep,

There is a separation measure for which the evaluation measure can be 'minimum'.

Vertices are required

Although using it effectively may not be as straight forward as first appears.

Often one has to use the centres of circular bodies as one of the references.

The approach to a flat surface becomes problematic. You don't know where along the surface the minimum distance will occur. We end up making a 'dummy body' on slider that tracks the approaching body.

The technique required depends much on context.

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I am still struggling with this issue.

If any one have idea regarding this, please help

Thanks in advance

Sandeep K

Give us more info, then we can maybe help you. All you are saying now is "i have a problem, help" but you are not explaining what the problem is. What are you trying to achieve? What have you tried so far? What was the result of your attempts? Can you share a model?  ....

Sandeep,

There is a separation measure for which the evaluation measure can be 'minimum'.

Vertices are required

Although using it effectively may not be as straight forward as first appears.

Often one has to use the centres of circular bodies as one of the references.

The approach to a flat surface becomes problematic. You don't know where along the surface the minimum distance will occur. We end up making a 'dummy body' on slider that tracks the approaching body.

The technique required depends much on context.

Regards

Thank you Charles.

This is what I am expecting. This works well

Regards

Sandeep K

Top Tags