cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Multiphase evaporation and condensation water

PR_10027813
4-Participant

Multiphase evaporation and condensation water

Hi,

I was wondering if the Creo parametric has a change of the phase in multiphase flow for evaporation and condensation? I see there is evaporation and condensation only in the cavitation model. 

For example, in the inlet boundary condition there are 3 phases water_vapor(v1)=0.4, N2(v2)=0.35 oxygen(v3)=0.25. After passing from heat exchange with heat source 200 W, what is the volume fraction of water_vapor and water_liquid?

I can't see any option for change of the phase and phase interaction because of evaporation and condensation of liquid or gas.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi 

Please contact Simerics for boiling simulations. It is still under development. But you may have a chance to try the latest feature if you contact us.  Could you point me which part of help mentioned we can simulate boiling and condensation? If so, we need to fix the help. Multiphase is different, VOF is used for multiphase, there is no phase changes if you just fill a gas tank we can resolve the interfaces between gas and air. But no phase changes due to boiling, thanks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi 

I assume you are using creo flow analysis. Evaporation and condensation due to boiling is a world challenging problem in CFD. In Cavitation model, they are modeled using Simerics cavitation models. But for multipahse modules, phase change is not considered. For heat module, we have parameters to consider the impact of phase changes for enthalpy.  

Evaporation and condensation of liquid due to heatup is under active development in Simerics. We will release a separate module for that maybe only available in Simerics MP platform. You can contact your PTC support to forward requst to my Simerics colleagues. Thanks.

PR_10027813
4-Participant
(To:cfdgeek)

Hi, 

Thanks for your answer. May I ask you what you mean about ''But for multipahse modules, phase change is not considered. For heat module, we have parameters to consider the impact of phase changes for enthalpy. ''?

Because I see in the help of the Creo flow analysis is mentioned about the water cycling in the world as one of the case studies for multiphase. For example, simple case, water inside the pipe and heat it up to reach boiling temperature and formation of water vapor and liquid. Can we define this case in creo?

Hi 

Please contact Simerics for boiling simulations. It is still under development. But you may have a chance to try the latest feature if you contact us.  Could you point me which part of help mentioned we can simulate boiling and condensation? If so, we need to fix the help. Multiphase is different, VOF is used for multiphase, there is no phase changes if you just fill a gas tank we can resolve the interfaces between gas and air. But no phase changes due to boiling, thanks.

PR_10027813
4-Participant
(To:cfdgeek)

Thanks for the replay.  is there any forum for Simerics or any email contact? Thanks

Please contact your PTC account support engineer, They can forward the request to Simerics. Thank you! 

Top Tags