cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Parts disconnect during static analysis with contacts

TractorGuy
12-Amethyst

Parts disconnect during static analysis with contacts

Just FYI, I have asked questions about this particular topic before, but I'm having issues with a completely new model: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Simulation/Parts-disconnecting-during-static-analysi/m-p/618144#M7861

I am trying to analyze a linkage structure with hydraulic cylinders and pins using contacts but I am running into issues with the model disconnecting and parts getting insane levels of deflection (like 100X what they should be) during the run. The most frustrating part is that it meshes without a single warning/issue and I ran several conditions on it last week without a problem. In the last year I have had this problem with 3 different assemblies and it seems to be totally random with no way to fix it other than scrapping the model and starting over.

I am about to lose my mind trying to figure out this issue and I really don't want to spend another week setting up this model again. Does anyone have any clue what would cause models to randomly disconnect during analysis? Also, I'm about 99% sure this isn't an issue of geometry, tolerance, or constraints.

2 REPLIES 2

Can you share with us some assembly? Maybe also sub-parts or a little assembly made on purpose.

Unfortunately I can not share it because it is proprietary, but it is a hydraulically actuated arm with a bucket similar to a loader or excavator.

Top Tags