cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Porous Surface on an interface

tmoser
11-Garnet

Porous Surface on an interface

I am modeling a circuit for oil cooled brakes to evaluate the flow throughout the system. I don't have the detail for the brakes themselves but I do have some test data for flow and dP. I would like to represent the restriction of the brakes using the Porous Surface model on an interface. How can I determine the Thickness, Permeability and the Quadratic Coefficient? I have a representation of the brakes in the model with a certain length which I think I can use as the thickness. I need to determine Permeability and Quadratic Coefficient based on my test data. Does anyone have a suggestion? I was given a spreadsheet to find the Linear and Quadratic Drag Coefficients for a resistance model that was applied to a domain. I would like something similar to that for the porous surface.

1 REPLY 1
cfdgeek
12-Amethyst
(To:tmoser)

Hi please refer to the CFA how to video series, there is one dedicated video to explain this topic. Thanks.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Analysis/Creo-Flow-Analysis-How-to-video-series/m-p/707437

Announcements

Top Tags