cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Pro/E 5 problems after reinstallation

CosineSystemAdm
1-Newbie

Pro/E 5 problems after reinstallation

Hello,

our license server crashed and we had to perform a complete reinstallation (we also have MathCAD btw). Had the license moved to a different MAC address, reinstalled the license server, and the software. Now we have that all parts of Pro/E work except the main Pro/E program itself. The license server reports we have a license, but proe.exe when started does not even seem to attempt to contact the license server.

Would anybody have any advice?

Regards, Giuseppe

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hello,

proe.exe looks for STARTUP FILES located in PROE\bin directory. These files have an extension .psf and contain information about ProE licence server and ProE license you want to launch. Default name of STARTUP FILE is proe1.psf (there is also its cousin named proe1.bat).

Martin

Martin Hanák

Giuseppe,

can you start ProE by proe1.bat ? My proe.exe does not work so I use that one.

Regards

Reinhard

PS. Has the name of your license server changed ? Then you have to run ptcsetup.bat.

Try ensuring your required ports are open on your server. I had opened 7788, which didn't work. I then turned off windows firewall (running MS server 2008R2) for my private network (thus opening all ports) and it works.

Now my task begins to determine exactly what ports are needed and open only those.

Good luck!

Top Tags