cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Repeat Region in WF4 m220

pperry
1-Newbie

Repeat Region in WF4 m220

If I create a repeat region to show quantity and Part Name:

3 11111_12345678-003

1 11111_12345678-008

1 11111_12345678-007

1 11111_12345678-006

1 11111_12345678-005

1 11111_12345678-004

1 11111_12345678-002

1 11111_12345678-001

I have tried to write several different relations to strip the 11111_ from assembly member name. I am using the extract function but cannot seem to get the relation right.

final_name = extract("asm_mbr_name",6,10)

gives me the table:

10 (and no member name). I am using asm.mbr.user_defined as final_name to generate table. I had one relation that returned 10 12345678-003 but have lost that relation. I know this is a simple fix.

TIA.

Patrick Perry BAE systems

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Patrick,

you have to follow this procedure (see uploaded data):

1.]

Create Repeat Region and put &asm.mbr.name into its column.

2.]

Define relation.

final_name=extract(asm_mbr_name,7,6)

These two steps are saved in 11111_drw.drw.4 drawing.

3.]

Replace &asm.mbr.name with &rpt.rel.final_name.

This third step is saved in 11111_drw.drw.5 drawing.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Patrick,

you have to define Relation in Repeat Region and then put &rpt.rel.final_name into Repeat Region cell.

I uploaded test data...

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

i have done that and the table becomes one line. One of the issues I have is my relation does not want to accept asm_member_name as a valid attribue. If I use the final_name = asm_mbr_name the relations show and error and will not move forward. The error indicates tha asm_mbr_name (or asm.mbr.name) is an invalid symbol.

Patrick,

you can find the answer inside my test files (created in WF4). Download repeat_region.zip and do some investigation:

> check Repeat Region properties

> check Repeat Region relations

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin,

The problem is we do not want to show the asm_mbr_name. If I create a relation final_name=extract(asm_mbr_name,7,6) without the column with asm_mbr_name, the relation is invalid. I could reduce the column with to 1 character and you would not see the as_mbr_name. Is there a way to hide the column completely?

Patrick,

you have to follow this procedure (see uploaded data):

1.]

Create Repeat Region and put &asm.mbr.name into its column.

2.]

Define relation.

final_name=extract(asm_mbr_name,7,6)

These two steps are saved in 11111_drw.drw.4 drawing.

3.]

Replace &asm.mbr.name with &rpt.rel.final_name.

This third step is saved in 11111_drw.drw.5 drawing.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

That did it. I was trying to create the table with the relation in one step. That realy seems strange to me. Thanks for all your help.

Patrick Perry

Top Tags