cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Tweaking visuals in Creo flow (transparency and outlines)

BB_9671067
4-Participant

Tweaking visuals in Creo flow (transparency and outlines)

Hello all,

I am having some variability and issues with how Creo flow (7.0.8) behaves when trying to display outputs. This leads to three questions which would be great to understand. I guess the answers are in the config files, but can't seem to find the right parameters.

1. Transparency of a solid domain (showing temperature) used to also allow visibility to streamlines within the part. However, now for whatever reason it doesn't allow this. How can I get this ability back again?

2. Is there a way to change the outline colour from the very thick blue lines? They currently wipe out all detail with fine PCB components. Ideally 1 px and black.

3. At one point my model decided to show its own outlines, as 1px and grey. These weren't turned on as outlines, but were something to do with the 'flow analysis bodies' turned on. If I can get these to show then it will solve problem #2!

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cfdgeek
12-Amethyst
(To:BB_9671067)

Hi,

Yes there are some changes on the tree behavior. But you can achieve the same thing as before. The 2px blue outline only shown when you select some items on the tree. It is the highlight mode. If you don't select, all outline becomes 1px grey one. You can still select the streamlines and the domain and streamlines are shown together. 

In creo9, we have better controls for sure. If it is possible, creo 9 upgrade is worth it. If you want to backport creo 9 to creo 7, it is still "possible" through addin mode. please contact Simerics. 

cfdgeek_0-1694470645152.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi,

please ask these questions to PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

Hello Martin,

I don't seem to have access to certain areas of PTC support to get assistance directly. For some reason I only have 'mathcad' available in support software, and the 'get assistance' button just states I need to have a different account.

I assumed this was the correct place to ask for help - can you explain why not & where I should contact PTC support?

Thanks,

@BB_9671067 wrote:

Hello Martin,

I don't seem to have access to certain areas of PTC support to get assistance directly. For some reason I only have 'mathcad' available in support software, and the 'get assistance' button just states I need to have a different account.

I assumed this was the correct place to ask for help - can you explain why not & where I should contact PTC support?

Thanks,

Hi,

to check whether you have access to Creo Parametric, go to https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/index.jsp page. You can see there which installation media you can download. What product names can you see?

If Creo Parametric is not present in the list then "something is wrong". Maybe your Creo license is permanent and its maintenance is not active...

If I want to open case at PTC Support, start on https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/cs/auth/ssl/log page.

Martin Hanák

I can see the full list there of programs there, but sadly I can't open a case with PTC support. I'll contact the webmaster. Thanks

BB_9671067
4-Participant

I have just been informed that the settings are available in a GUI in Creo 9. Perhaps anyone knows if they can be altered via any configuration in 7? 

Creo Flow Analysis Interface (ptc.com)

@BB_9671067 wrote:

I have just been informed that the settings are available in a GUI in Creo 9. Perhaps anyone knows if they can be altered via any configuration in 7? 

Creo Flow Analysis Interface (ptc.com)

Hi,

if it is new functionality related to Creo 9.0, then you cannot "resurrect" it in Creo 7.0.

Martin Hanák
cfdgeek
12-Amethyst

Hi,

Yes there are some changes on the tree behavior. But you can achieve the same thing as before. The 2px blue outline only shown when you select some items on the tree. It is the highlight mode. If you don't select, all outline becomes 1px grey one. You can still select the streamlines and the domain and streamlines are shown together. 

In creo9, we have better controls for sure. If it is possible, creo 9 upgrade is worth it. If you want to backport creo 9 to creo 7, it is still "possible" through addin mode. please contact Simerics. 

cfdgeek_0-1694470645152.png

BB_9671067
4-Participant
(To:cfdgeek)

Thanks, it sounds as if our uprgrade to Creo 10 will solve alot of the issues in general with 7! I am part of a large firm, so individual cases (such as backporting) is generally avoided wherever possible.

I found a workaround for the moment, by setting the selection colour to 90pc grey and selecting the items in the model tree I acheived a satisfactory outcome. 

The transparency doesn't seem to have fixed, but that was a nice to have rather than being too important.

Top Tags