cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

UDF causes fatal error with pattern?

amarten
1-Newbie

UDF causes fatal error with pattern?

Hello,

I have created a UDF of an obround for use with a mapkey. The obround has an internal coordinate system and associated planes for a fast, drag and snap placement. When I place the UDF it is grouped as standard but will not pattern as a group, so I ungroup it and try to pattern but every time it gives a fatal error. Is there a way around this or am I doing somthing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

I assume this is in Creo 2?

This has been an issue for us too. Any UDF that contains a solid based subtraction that is subsequentlly patterened gives a fatal error. The workaround was to use a quilt for the cut instead of a solid subtraction. This was supposed to be fixed in M120, but it has not.

dm-3
1-Newbie
(To:akrenzer)

I use M160 but still feel the problem persist. Is this issue resolved in M160?

--

Dhinesh

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:dm-3)

Dhinesh,

If exit is reproducible, I would strongly recommend you to submit a TS case with detailed information and sample data to test/investigate the issue. 

You are right Mahesh. But TS is keen closing the issue rather resolving it. I remember I move to M160 based on TS advice from M060.

However I'll try raising a ticket.

--

Dhinesh

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:dm-3)

Dhinesh,

Try providing sample data (in which issue is reproducible) in TS case and steps to reproduce the issue.

Top Tags