cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Unable to start application 'EMX' due to failure in starting Creo Platform Agent.

AD_2590699
3-Visitor

Unable to start application 'EMX' due to failure in starting Creo Platform Agent.

I am using Expert Moldbase Extension Release 14.0 and Datecode14.0.0.0

Unable to open Creo with EMX extension. I get the following error messages:
"Creo Agent did not initialize correctly. Please contact Technical Support if the issue persists."
And:
"Unable to start application 'EMX' due to failure in starting Creo Platform Agent."

Here are the errors that I faced
"Creo Agent did not initialize correctly. Please contact Technical Support if the issue persists."
"Unable to start application 'EMX' due to failure in starting Creo Platform Agent."
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was able to resolve this issue by copying the folder "C:\PTC\Creo\Agent" from another computer onto my computer.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:AD_2590699)

Someone here in the community may be able to help but I recommend you open a PTC Tech support ticket also.

You may have intended to do that but didn't realize it defaults to posting in the community instead of going to tech support.

Hi,

what Creo release do you use ?

Martin Hanák

@AD_2590699 wrote:

Hi,

please check whether Legacy Toolkit Application Runtime option was selected during Creo 8.0.3.0 installation.

Please read https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS343437

If dll files mentioned in CS343437 article are missing in your installation then uninstall Creo completely and perform new clean Creo installation with Legacy Toolkit Application Runtime option selected.

If dll files mentioned in CS343437 article are available in your installation then uninstall Creo Platform 8 item and perform new clean installation using <CR8_030_installation_package>\install\addon\creosvcs_64.exe.

Martin Hanák

I was able to resolve this issue by copying the folder "C:\PTC\Creo\Agent" from another computer onto my computer.

Top Tags