cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Unable to use Topology optimisation Extension

3-Visitor

Unable to use Topology optimisation Extension

I am not able to select the topology optimization extension in PTC Creo parametric 5.0. Can someone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reinstall Creo and select customization to select what to install -> check the topology optimization checkbox.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Reinstall Creo and select customization to select what to install -> check the topology optimization checkbox.

Hi Erik (or anyone else who might know) Is there a quick way I, as a humble user, can find out if my installation has T.O. enabled? It's an installation of Creo 4.0 M060 - was told that this feature was going to be back-ported into Creo 4.0 from M040. Is there a menu option, say, that I would or wouldn't see in the application itself? (I don't have user access to the installation)

I am pretty sure Topology optimization is Creo 5 only. I tried out a demo of it and PTC said it only worked with Creo 5. I have Creo 4 M060 and it is not in Creo 4. In Creo 5 there is a a button for it under the applications menu but it won't run if you don't have a license and you haven't checked the check box to install it during the install.

NormanHadley
6-Contributor
(To:Chris3)

Thanks Chris - that makes sense. I was starting to think I was looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there.

The same source promised we'd have Simulate Live (where FEA uses GPU cores for massive acceleration) by now but I gather the backporting of that has been put back to M090 in April. 

Thanks Erik for your response

Top Tags