cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

evaluate command mapkey within relation editor

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

evaluate command mapkey within relation editor

Is it possible to create a mapkey that would run the evaulate command within the relation editor?

I can use the button in the relation editor "=?" but I would love to have a keyboard short cut for this command.

I'm guessing it would have to be a function key like $F4. 

I can create the mapkey and it works but only when it's ran from the mapkey management window, but not when I press F4 on my keyboard. 

evaluate image.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:SYNDAKIT)

Yes, I get it.  But F4 doesn't work in the relations editor... Well, the ALT+1 through ALT+0 keyboard shortcuts (which activate the commands assigned to the quick-access toolbar) seem to be more "global" and they will work.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomU
23-Emerald IV

I don't think the mapkey is a problem per se, but I don't think you can call a mapkey when the relations dialog is open.

psobejko
12-Amethyst

The problem is that your mapkey will not be evaluated when the Relations input field is active - makes sense, since the keyboard strokes are being used to write the relations!

One work-around: assign the mapkey to the quick-access toolbar at the 1st location.  Then ALT+1 keyboard shortcut will activate this mapkey...

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:psobejko)

I don't think that will work.  The ALT key will impact the relations dialog, not refer to the main menus.

psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:TomU)

It worked well enough here... (Creo 3.0)

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

The function keys do not work as a keyboard stroke, so I thought if I used those then it would work.

psobejko
12-Amethyst

Yes, I get it.  But F4 doesn't work in the relations editor... Well, the ALT+1 through ALT+0 keyboard shortcuts (which activate the commands assigned to the quick-access toolbar) seem to be more "global" and they will work.

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

That works perfect!
I ended up just changing my F4 key to (alt+1) and now it's working great.

Top Tags