cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

is there a function that can create a relation in all parts?

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

is there a function that can create a relation in all parts?

I would like to have a set of default relations for all parts, and or all assembly's. Can this be done?

Is this the part and assembly mode configuration options?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:SYNDAKIT)

Okay, there are multiple things at play here.

First, if you want to add additional parameters to the 'out of the box' start parts, you will need to manually open those cad models, add the parameter, and then save them back to the same directory. There are located in the <loadpoint>\templates directory. Most people don't bother with this but instead build their own templates, store them somewhere else, and then point Creo to these folders/models instead (as Steve mentioned).

Second, if you create a parameter and you want it to automatically show up in the list when create a new part from it, you have to designate it. Simply check the box next to the parameter in the designate column.

106.JPG

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
TomU
23-Emerald IV

No. You would have to manually add the relations statement to each model manually. The only two options I can think of are either writing a custom program to do this for you (J-Link, VB, SmartAssembly, etc.), or possibly doing something with Model Check.

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite
(To:TomU)

How about this. could I add more parameters to an existing template?PARAMETERS.JPG

StephenW
23-Emerald II

You can add the default relations to your start part and start assembly. Any new parts or assemblies made would have these relations.

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite
(To:StephenW)

can only one start part directory path be set at once?

StephenW
23-Emerald II

The option TEMPLATE_SOLIDPART and TEMPLATE_DESIGNASM are used to for the start parts. I've never tried adding it more than once.

START_MODEL_DIR provides a directory for start parts and assemblies. Not sure how they work together.

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite
(To:StephenW)

i changed the start model directory and my start parts have many more than just "model_by" and "description". but thats all that shows up in that dialog box.... hmmm there must be a way to add more to that list

StephenW
23-Emerald II

The parameters that show up in that list are the ones that are designated. If you would like more to show up in that list, designate them in the start part.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Okay, there are multiple things at play here.

First, if you want to add additional parameters to the 'out of the box' start parts, you will need to manually open those cad models, add the parameter, and then save them back to the same directory. There are located in the <loadpoint>\templates directory. Most people don't bother with this but instead build their own templates, store them somewhere else, and then point Creo to these folders/models instead (as Steve mentioned).

Second, if you create a parameter and you want it to automatically show up in the list when create a new part from it, you have to designate it. Simply check the box next to the parameter in the designate column.

106.JPG

Joe,

You could also add these relations into the start part and start assembly, although this would only work for new parts.

Top Tags