cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Arbortext A&D S1000D

jstarling
1-Newbie

Arbortext A&D S1000D

I am trying to add a notation to the CSDB and for some reason once I go through the Entity Options in the CSDB and try to add it, that notation is not showing up. I dont know what I am doing wrong but I really need some help with this if anyone can help out. I am trying to add PNG to the list so we can add those entities to our data modules.

Thanks,

Jamie Starling

5 REPLIES 5

Jamie:

Did you try the Notations library first (Libraries -> Notations...)?

[cid:image001.png@01CF9C47.A82A9DD0]

John Sillari
Chief Technologist
Technical Services Division
Dayton T. Brown, Inc.

Yes, I tried to add a new one and then close out to add it and it never shows up. I tried this five or six times.

I even made sure I had the proper user permissions to make sure I could and as far as I can tell I can because I am an Entity Administrator and it still does not show PNG as an option to add to my project notations.

Thanks,

Jamie Starling
Technical Writer/Editor
[noc_logo_tagline_blue]
201 Electronics Blvd. W 105 F
Huntsville, AL 35824
(256) 428-5534

Jamie:

I just added two notations (PNG and AI) via the library, and then I added new PNG graphics to an existing project. The new notations appeared in the Add Asset panel drop-down as well as the Entity Manager (after adding the new graphics). I am an admin with all authorities for the project. If possible, try elevating your privileges for the project.

PS. We're running ADD 4.4 M050.

John Sillari
Chief Technologist
Technical Services Division
Dayton T. Brown, Inc.

John,

This is strange I added AI to the list and it added it , no problem but it just will not let me add PNG for nothing I do not get it. We are running V4.4-M080. According to PTC, it comes with M090 but not the earlier datacodes. So I am not sure what is going on with PNGs. I greatly appreciate the help.

Thank you,

Jamie Starling
Technical Writer/Editor
[noc_logo_tagline_blue]
201 Electronics Blvd. W 105 F
Huntsville, AL 35824
(256) 428-5534

Hi Jamie,

I would suggest opening a support case. 4.4M090 did fix a bug related to PNG file formats. I can also successfully add a PNG in an empty 4.4M090 installation, there are a number things it could be. Please let me know if you need assistance in opening a case. TS is aware of this and are waiting to hear from you.

Thanks

Susan Fort

Solution Manager, Aerospace and Defense SLM Segment

T F

M
E -

Top Tags