cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Arbortext Editor 6.0 batch file export

MichaelCopp
1-Newbie

Arbortext Editor 6.0 batch file export

I'm trying to create a batch file to export an .xml to a .html file.

In Arbortext Editor 6.0 M100 there's a feature that allows you to export a file to .htm

File->Save as HTML

In a batch file I simply used:

"editor.exe" -c "FileSaveAsHTML" "file.xml"

It essentially opens the xml file and a dialog appears to save as an html file.

Is there a way to have this command in silent mode that allows the file to save?

Using the argument "-b" doesn't allow overwrites, which I think the dialog is messing up.

Is there another way to go about doing this? Perhaps a macro would be used instead?

Any suggestions are welcomed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Michael--

Try using this for the command with the -c switch:

autoload _pubhtml::publish_hfile _pubhtml.acl;_pubhtml::publish_hfile('C:\work\TerraXML\test\Document1.html')

(but replace the hard-coded path there with your own desired output path).

The problem with using FileSaveAsHTML is that it assumes you're running in interactive mode so it tries to ask you about where to store the resulting file.

The _pubhtml package has a variety of functions related to HTML publishing, including publish_hfile(), which just generates the HTML file and saves it without generating any message boxes.

--Clay

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Michael--

Try using this for the command with the -c switch:

autoload _pubhtml::publish_hfile _pubhtml.acl;_pubhtml::publish_hfile('C:\work\TerraXML\test\Document1.html')

(but replace the hard-coded path there with your own desired output path).

The problem with using FileSaveAsHTML is that it assumes you're running in interactive mode so it tries to ask you about where to store the resulting file.

The _pubhtml package has a variety of functions related to HTML publishing, including publish_hfile(), which just generates the HTML file and saves it without generating any message boxes.

--Clay

Thanks Clay. Works like a charm.

Top Tags