cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are aware of an issue affecting subscription email notifications. We are working to address the problem, but in the meantime be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Associate a stylesheet to ditamaps / topics

bfriesen
17-Peridot

Associate a stylesheet to ditamaps / topics

We have multiple stylesheets and I would like the default one to be selected when publishing. Currently if I publish a topic by itself it chooses the correct stylesheet. When I publish a map it chooses a different one.

The goal is to have the same stylesheet selected when publishing a topic or a map. I did find a help topic about adding a stylesheet PI https://support.ptc.com/help/arbortext/r8.1.2.0/en/index.html#page/admin%2Fadmin%2Fhelp1394.html  I do not think that is what I want. I also found this one https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS269879?source=search and it does not seem to work. 

Currently if I go to format, select stylesheets the editor/default  path is correct to the techinfo stylesheet, but the print/pdf is empty with no association. My guess is that it should be set to the default techinfo stylesheet also. Is that the correct thought? Is there a way to make the setting global for all the users.

Thanks

Bryon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bfriesen
17-Peridot
(To:bfriesen)

Thanks to Tim P  @ptc support. This setting is driven by the instance.acl file located in the doctypes directory. I had the instance.acl techinfo file set correctly, but was unaware that the same file existed in the techinfo map folder. Once I modified that file also it worked as expected.

Add the following lines to the instance.acl file. Change the techinfo.style to whatever stylesheet you want to be the default.

set stylesheet=techinfo.style
set printstylesheet=techinfo.style

Bryon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
bfriesen
17-Peridot
(To:bfriesen)

Thanks to Tim P  @ptc support. This setting is driven by the instance.acl file located in the doctypes directory. I had the instance.acl techinfo file set correctly, but was unaware that the same file existed in the techinfo map folder. Once I modified that file also it worked as expected.

Add the following lines to the instance.acl file. Change the techinfo.style to whatever stylesheet you want to be the default.

set stylesheet=techinfo.style
set printstylesheet=techinfo.style

Bryon

Top Tags