cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Handling of   different from other char entities?

rebecca.dahlman
1-Newbie

Handling of   different from other char entities?

I have an implementation of Arbortext Editor 5.2, and I'm noticing that non-breaking spaces are being handled differently than all of my other character entities. Specifically, if I choose NOT to show special characters as symbols, all other character entities are shown as tags, but non-breaking spaces are still shown as spaces. In addition, I have a script that uses Range.ToMarkupString to parse some of the content, and any other character entitities appear as the appropriate XML markup. Non-breaking spaces appear as a single character (ASC 160). However, if I copy the relevant content to the clipboard and paste it into Notepad, I get the non-breaking space as .

As far as I can tell, everything I'm doing is treating the nbsp the same as my other char entities, but Arbortext is doing something different with it. Am I missing something? Is there anything I can do to make the nbsp behave like the other character entities?

Thanks,

Rebecca Dahlman

Project Performance Corporation

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements

Top Tags