cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Hotspots in IsoDraw

GregoryMackenzi
1-Newbie

Hotspots in IsoDraw

Is anyone using Isodraw 7.3 to highlight a line with a mouseover or click? If so what might that technique be?

I grouped a set of lines in a schematic, applied a hotspot to the line, and when I enable the hotspots, and view within IsoDraw using IsoView I don't get much in the way of an indication. Lets say one clicks on the line, it flashes briefly and that's it.

Animation doesn't seem to apply because I am not moviing or rotating the line. Also, the imported CAD dwg file does not have any ids for the lines that are imported. Should there be?

Is there any way to get the line to highlight and stay highlighed?

My thought is to export this to WebCGM later.

1 REPLY 1

Ok I have an answer, self taught.

1. Basically I select and group the line objects together that represent the line I am interested in, Menu/element/group.
  2. Then right click on the object and select Object Info.
  3. Taking note of the ID field, click on the arrow beside Hyperlink, choose object, check the radio box next to list by ID, choose the line that matches the AUTOID, and for the Behaviour field choose zoom + new highlight.
  4. The target field should say IsoView, click OK.
  5. Back at the Object Info window the Hot Spot field is set to "Region" by default, set that to Lines of Object.
  6. Click Apply.
  7. Save the IsoDraw File.
  8. Then File/Export the file to CGM.
  9. If you have IsoView installed you can drag and drop the CGM file onto the Internet Explorer Icon on the desktop of your PC and it will lauch and display the graphic. You can mouse over the line and it will change from an open hand to a pointing finger, which if you click on the line will zoom to the object and highlight it in red. It stays red until another object is clicked.
Top Tags