cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Is there a hot key for "select element" window?

JeffWoods
1-Newbie

Is there a hot key for "select element" window?

My question is simple. Is there a hot or quick key combination for "select element" window? I use it a lot and it seems ridiculous to have to navigate to the menu bar everytime I want to use it. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!select_element.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Hello!

You can add this command in a working toolbar (for faster access):

Customize_Toolbar.jpg

Also, a list of keyboard shortcuts in IsoDraw can be found here (but "select element" is not listed): http://communities.ptc.com/message/149043

P.S. Which version of Arbortext IsoDraw you use?

Thank you! The toolbar button is helpful but I still wish there were a keyboard shortcut for it! Oh well. I am using IsoDraw 7.0

On the command line (you may need to enable full menus) type:

response(menu_cmd("Mainmenuname.Submenuname"))

For example:

response(menu_cmd("Tools.3D Tools"))

I made that path up, I'm not sure where it ends up. You will have to adjust it. Anyhow, this will display the command (or command alias) underneath that menu item.

Now type the following on the command line:

map Control-Alt-T EditElementCmdName

Where you've replaced EditElementCmdName with the command revealed above.

Now Control-Alt-T will open the Edit Element dialog.

Assuming you like Control-Alt-T, you can now put this command in an ACL file (editelement.acl, for example) stored in the editinit subfolder in the custom folder and it will be available every time you start Editor with the doctype associated with the custom folder. There are other ways to associate it with a given doctype or every doctype. Read the help about instance.acl

Oh, if you do not like Control-Alt-T or you are worried about what command is normally there, you can type the following on the command line:

show fullkeymap

To see every assigned keyboard shortcut.

Paul Nagai wrote:

On the command line (you may need to enable full menus)...

Can you explain how to activate the "command line"? I work in Arbortext IsoDraw 7.1 M060.

I'm an idiot.

I thought you were in Arbortext Editor. I'm still haven't adjusted to the Arbortext branding across the graphics tools. My apologies for the false hope and wasted time!

That's ok.

Top Tags