cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Pre-populated words

ptc-5878511
1-Newbie

Pre-populated words

Hi all,

I am very new to Arbortext. I am looking for a way to have a word generated and populated if the line item is selected from the tags.

Example:

NOTE: Close the C/B before beginning any work on the system.

NOTE: would be the word that needs to be pre populated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you are using .fos style sheets, then you would place a usetext in the tag's eic that used, "\Note: \,", or place the value in a savetext for later use by a usetext.

If you are using .style style sheets, aka Styler, then you would place the word or content in the tag's Gentext tab's "Add before element content".

Styler is the preferred method creating style sheets. I can be used for FOSI composition, APP composition and XSL-FO composition.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If you are using .fos style sheets, then you would place a usetext in the tag's eic that used, "\Note: \,", or place the value in a savetext for later use by a usetext.

If you are using .style style sheets, aka Styler, then you would place the word or content in the tag's Gentext tab's "Add before element content".

Styler is the preferred method creating style sheets. I can be used for FOSI composition, APP composition and XSL-FO composition.

Hi TIm,

Your help is greatly appreciated. The solution you gave worked great.

Jay

Top Tags