cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Publishing Engine and Advanced Print Publisher

byork
17-Peridot

Publishing Engine and Advanced Print Publisher

So I can't remember if I have the standard Arbortext publishing engine do I also have Advance Print Publisher or is there a separate charge for the Advance Print Publisher?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SimonTaylor
12-Amethyst
(To:byork)

Hi Brian

From Arbortext 5.4 you had access to the APP print composition engine from PE/Styler. This isn't the full Desktop application, but is a DLL of the composition engine. APP understands Styler stylesheets, and you can also tell PE/Styler to use native APP templates (as long as you have developed them with this process in mind). This DLL is a standard part of the PE install and does not incur any additional cost. You can save out APP documents from the Print Preview if you wish and open those in APP Desktop.

If you want the Desktop, Server or Enterprise versions of APP, then these are separate applications and therefore must be bought separately.

Hope that helps

Simon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SimonTaylor
12-Amethyst
(To:byork)

Hi Brian

From Arbortext 5.4 you had access to the APP print composition engine from PE/Styler. This isn't the full Desktop application, but is a DLL of the composition engine. APP understands Styler stylesheets, and you can also tell PE/Styler to use native APP templates (as long as you have developed them with this process in mind). This DLL is a standard part of the PE install and does not incur any additional cost. You can save out APP documents from the Print Preview if you wish and open those in APP Desktop.

If you want the Desktop, Server or Enterprise versions of APP, then these are separate applications and therefore must be bought separately.

Hope that helps

Simon

byork
17-Peridot
(To:SimonTaylor)

Simon,

Thanks for the info it was very helpful.

Brian

Top Tags